At the Grief Centre we are getting Loud about Loss. We believe in a world where loss is normalised and supported. A world where people are empowered to talk about their struggles and have access to the right help to support themselves and others.
So that kiwis don’t suffer with mental health issues which can result from unsupported loss…Over the past year we have supported over 9,800 individuals and whanau towards improved wellbeing and resilience through:
- 2900 counselling sessions
- 30 professional training sessions with 960 participants
- Bereavement support for 4,700 individuals and whanau
- 4 Youth wellbeing coaching sessions with 40 participants
- 8 free community talks with 1,230 attendees
Our kaupapa is to provide support regardless of a person’s ability to pay, and it is thanks to the generous support from our funders and donators that this can happen.
In the words of a client "I know I am becoming stronger, and I continue to be thankful for the help and support you have given me".