This privacy statement explains how the Grief Centre collects, stores, uses and shares your personal information.
Openness and transparency are important to us. The Grief Centre work complies with The Privacy Act 2020 and The Regulations and the Health Practioners Competence Assurance Act 2003. This is where we explain our privacy practices and why you can trust us to handle your information with care and respect.
In short, here are a few key privacy messages to note:
- We only collect personal information where this is necessary to carry out our functions.
- We may collect personal information about you either directly from you or from other people or agencies, and we may generate personal information about you when we carry out our functions.
- We store all our data (including your personal information) on a secure Microsoft Azure cloud platform, and we use Microsoft Office 365 applications. We protect our data with all reasonable technical and process controls.
- You can ask us for a copy of your personal information at any time. We will be as open as we can with you but must also ensure we meet our secrecy obligations.
- We will only use and share personal information where necessary to carry out the functions for which we collected it, or if required by law.
- We will not hold onto your data for any longer than is required.
- We have an obligation to dispose of all personal information securely and to minimize the risk of disclosing any information in the process of disposing it.
If you cannot find the information you need, or you have concerns about the way we are managing your personal information, then please contact us at any time on :
0800 331 333 and 1300 270 479
We may update this privacy statement from time to time, for example to reflect changes to the Privacy Act, so feel free to check in again occasionally to see what might have changed. This statement was last updated in November 2021.